Outdoor camping adventures are often done to satisfy one’s extroverted will. It gives us the chance to create a strong bond with relations while in the middle of admiring the essence of nature. Today we describe awesome 6 camping tricks and hacks.
In this process, we would need supplies to sustain us. Though, the minimal access to comfort is somehow difficult for those who do not camp often.
To make things easier, here are some of the hacks that will come in handy while in the midst of the woods;
6 Camping Tricks and Hacks
Tip 1: Can Hacks
Aside from drinking, there are still some ways that you can use the can to make your camping effortless. To lend insight, some of the proposed ideas are as follows.
Turning A Can Into A Stove
While packing, you usually will never forget some aluminum cans that store your favorite beer and beverages. To use it to the maximum extent, consider using the can to cook as a hobo stove.
Here’s a cool video on how to make one!
To do this, you will need; two cans for the hobo.
- Take a marker pen and draw a line around the sides of both cans at approx. 1.5 inches up from their bottom.
- As per your convenience, cut through the marked line to sperate the bottom parts with scissors or knife.
- Now, you will have to take one of the two can base and cut out its bottom part. Go slow as it’s kinda risky.
- From the two upper parts, cut off one’s top. Then take the lower part and cut in half to give it a form of aluminum sheet. This will help you make the inner ring.
- After shaping the strip into an inner ring, cut two tiny triangular shapes at its base.
- Next, you will have to push and insert an unopened beverage can into the intact base to enlarge it.
- To do the assembly, place the inner ring into the uncut base and carefully insert the cutout base in it. Next, stroke a punch around the top for the jets.
- Done! Use any other alcohol solution to power up the hobo. Pour about half the capacity from the bottom and fire it up.
- Stand back, watch it burn, it will show it’s magic!
To light up your sleepy nights, you can make a do-it-yourself torch to keep you company. It takes a hint of imagination to make this, as well as a set of instructions provided below.
- Cut the can in the middle or one half
- The base should be filled with olive oil to prolong the fire, which varies the amount depending on your preference. In average, you can store at least a quarter of oil.
- Roll the towel which will serve as a wick and dip it in oil.
- Make an additional hole to store the piece of towel. One of the ends should be outside while the other is dipped in oil.
Tip 2: Waterproof Your Tent And Other Supplies
You can use sealant spray to prevent the water to seep through your valuable supplies. It can be used on the tent, rainfly, or even your tent bag. Doing so can prevent the unwanted water to rain on your blissful parade.
With this technique, a rainy day cannot spoil the planned weekend for you will have a way to prevent its negative outcome!
Tip 3: Pack A Shake And Pour Pancakes On The Go
Even with limited supplies, breakfast does not need to be dull and uninteresting. To spice things up, you can make a pancake batter on the fly! All it takes is a mason jar, water, egg, and a hint of resourcefulness.
To know further, here is your instruction to follow;
- Stir together the one and three-fourths of non-fat dry milk, one-third cup of baking powder and four teaspoons of salt into nine cups of all-purpose flour.
- Cut the shortening until all are coated in the flour mixture. It can be done by using a whisk or fork.
- Store the mixture in a mason jar and tightly seal for it to be portable.
- The excess can be stored in a container that is tightly covered at room or freezing temperature. It can be used for up to six weeks.
- Also, store eggs in a sealed container.
- To make the pancakes, just add water, the pancake mixture, and eggs together.
Tip 4: Mosquito-Repelling Bracelet
One of the struggles that you need to face outdoors is the unwanted presence of insects, especially mosquitoes. The unfortunate outcome leads to multiple bites, which can be a distraction to the joyous adventure.
To prevent this, you can make a paracord bracelet to repel the mosquitoes away from you! Here is the following instruction:
- Attain two pieces of paracord with different colors. You can find this at any craft store.
- Fuse the cord using fabric glue or melting.
- Get a paracord bracelet clip. Put it through the side of the clip and loop the cord to secure.
- Hold the other end and pull it through the other side of the bracelet clip.
- Measure your wrist by testing its circumference around the cord.
- Unclip the bracelet and hold the loose cord in place.
- Take a piece of cord and loop it over the top of the cords. Take the other paracord and go over, under, and through the first looped cord. Pull it tight. Repeat the process.
- Trim excess and glue or melt the end.
- Spray the mosquito repellent onto the bracelet then let it dry.
Tip 5: Altoid Tin As A Portable Survival Kit
Altoid can provide not only a minty breath but also storage for the survival kit that you would need while in the midst of nowhere.
To do this, you need to empty the Altoid tin. Then, fill the storage with matches, a knife, tactical backpack, a small compass, protecting sunglasses and sandpaper. Furthermore, not only can you carry it in your bag, but is preferred to be in your pocket especially in cases that you are lost.
Tip 6: Install Solar Lights
To provide light in your camping base, it is suggested to use solar lights to guide your way. This can show the path more efficiently since it is always common to trip over things while in the dark.
You can place the lights on the side or attached to your tent. Also, having the lights can prevent any midnight mishaps that may come in your way!
Final Thoughts: Be a Happy Camper!
Beneath these tricks is the aim to achieve an unforgettable adventure. The escapades under the wild can sometimes be scary, but with the proper hacks supplied, you can find your way through it.
In camping, many supplies are inaccessible due to the location, but the tips can aid any arising problem that you may encounter. Do not hesitate, now that you know these hacks; it can make your occasional camping trips much easier!