Are you looking for the best tactical holster for your firearm?
Then you have come to the right page. I know gun holsters are one of the most complex items to buy for your firearm. To carry your pistol, you must need an easy-access and comfortable holster.
Gun without a holster is like fish without water. If you leave your gun unguarded and without a holster, it can lead to unwanted accidents for you. So it is necessary you buy a proper holster for your gun.
There are so many variations to choose from the market. Thus, buying the appropriate tactical holster is a difficult job to do. For your convenience, I have reviewed the best tactical holsters, which will help you to select the best-suited one for your firearm and your situation.
Tactical Holsters Comparison Table – Our Top Picks
Last update on 2019-06-23 at 13:33 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API Details
3 Crucial Things about Tactical Holsters and Why You Need Holsters
It is always thrilling to watch the movie character put their guns in their pocket after doing their action-packed scenes. Well, I might sound crazy to you right now, but the truth is, that is not how handling firearms work.
In reality, a number of things will come to mind when you put a loaded gun in your pants without a holster. Thus, it may pose as an issue of security.
For the safety of your own and others around you, you must buy a holster. These are the following crucial things you need to know about a holster:
Covers the Trigger:
The most crucial thing for using a holster is to cover the trigger. Even a kid knows that the trigger of a gun is the most dangerous part. You will be surprised to know the number of ways a trigger can be engaged accidentally.
So, it is wise to cover the trigger with the help of a holster. The story of Plaxico Buress is a good example in this case. Don’t know the story? Google it, bro.
Keeps the Gun Stable
Holsters help to keep the gun stable and in place. Otherwise, you might find your gun sliding off your body and accidentally engaging the trigger. That could be a nasty situation if innocent people get hurt including yourself. So, better be safe than sorry.
Prevents Constant Loading and Unloading
The lesser the frequency of loading and unloading a gun, the safer it is. Leaving a loaded gun lying around isn’t safe, and of course not ideal. It is also painstaking to load and unload a gun every day after doing a long day’s work.
Holster allows you to keep the gun loaded and safe without any unwanted casualty.
Best Tactical Holster Review in 2019
It is probably not a good idea to carry a handgun in your hand or your pocket as you will need somewhere to store it when not in use. That’s when a tactical holster comes in handy. There are tons of tactical holes available for you to choose.
To save you time and money, I have come up with the following top picks for the finest tactical holster.
1. BLACKHAWK Level 3 Tactical HolsterBLACKHAWK is one of the top companies which supplies tactical gear for military and law enforcement agencies. So, you can guess that they make quality products only. The commonly sought-after item of their brand is the BLACKHAWK Level 3 Tactical Holster.
This one is the most well-known Serpa holster which is designed to boost maximum retention. It can be mounted in case of various heights of belt loops. Both mid- and high ride belt loops are available and compatible with other Serpa accessories.
The quality of this product is remarkable, and the positioning of this product assist smooth draw which can allow you to pop both locks and detach your safety simultaneously. It is a full-length thigh turret designed for your flexibility, stability, and comfort.
The only drawback is the locking mechanism, which is a bit tight. This can be a problem for amateurs. Otherwise, this is one the best tactical leg holster you will find in the trade. If you own Beretta 92FS or XDM40, then this will be the perfect choice for you!
- A Pivot Guard activated by thumb and SERPA auto security system
- The Y-harness shock absorber system allots weight evenly
- Swivel buckles provide easy holster ascending and descending
- There are accessory mounting sites for carrying knives or mag cases
- Rubberized leg strap eradicates sliding
- It offers passive retention locking accommodation screw
2. OneTigris Molle Belt HolsterAre you searching for a holster to assemble with your Molle gear? OneTigris Molle belt holster can offer you just that. It can be easily fastened to all kinds of tactical gear. In addition to this, this thing also comes with a lot of attractive features.
This holster accommodates the weapon securely as there are multiple fasteners and straps. It is nylon made and thus increases its durability. In fact, many people regard this as one of the best molle holsters in the market.
The safety system guarantees that your gun will not fall out of the holster and also allow quick draw capabilities. It can fit all kinds of guns and is a universal choice for Glock 1911, 45, 92 and 96.
Moreover, it is compatible with any member of the law enforcement, military, and even paintball fans. Though people who are left-handed may have a difficult time with this.
- Two top securing straps are presently providing two security levels
- Additional front pocket, quick release buckle, and MOLLE compatible straps.
- Designed for right-handed shooters
3. Orpaz Glock 19 HolsterOrpaz is a manufacturing company which has been ranked as one of the best sellers. What is interesting about this holster is that it comes from Israel. So, you can be sure that it is well-made and will last for a long time.
If you own any type of Glock then, Orpaz Glock 19 Holster is normally a great choice. The design frame provides many angles which encourage structural integrity. Due to its easy thumb release, the handgun slides smoothly when drawn.
This holster has an adjustment screw to adjust how much tension you want to apply to your gun. With that, you can reduce or increases the strength of your draw. With all these outstanding features, it comes at a very affordable price.
It is comfortable and very lightweight, so it will be easy to carry. This one is considered as the best drop leg holster available in the market.
- This tactical drop leg holster comes with an optional OWB adapter
- Features an adjustment screw
- The construction of the retention device is perfectly placed
- Very user-friendly
4. BLACKHAWK! Ultra Universal Modular Light HolsterLike I mentioned before, BLACKHAWK Is a trustworthy company. They provide you with a lot of options according to your requirement. They do not usually fail to provide high-quality gear. So I assure you that you will not be disappointed when you buy any product from this particular brand.
If you are installing light or laser on the pistol, then this is the holster you should consider. What I like about this is that it is fully adjustable and has good internal rigidity. Although re-holstering takes some work, you will figure it out eventually with a little bit of practice.
The retention strap with Velcro over the thumb snap provides security in case someone else tries to grab it. It is suitable for both left and right handed and comes in four colors. The best part is that it goes with almost any kind of gun with a stream light.
Though it might be costly, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with a tactical light. Believe me; it’s worth every penny. It is the best universal drop leg holster you will find.
- An adaptable drop leg thigh holster with fast release button set up
- Elastic leg straps for comfort and steadiness
- Three side release buckles for three-point detachment
- Anterior installed pouch for extra magazine, light or knife
5. CONDOR Tornado Tactical Leg HolsterCondor offers you with all the essential gears with over 20 years of experience in this industry. It manufactures nylon equipment for hard use in law enforcement and military faculty. Moreover, it is the most recommended product because they give good quality items in comparatively lower price.
If you want to carry multiple firearms, I would highly advise that you get this universal holster. It is one of the most talked about drop leg holster of online reviewers. That’s because It has some unique features such as the ability to accessorize any gun. That kind of things set it apart from others.
It will serve you well as a tactical holster if you are carrying a pistol as a secondary weapon alongside your rifle. This guy secures your pistol better than any other option. This added security may turn out to be disadvantageous if your pistol is a primary weapon of choice.
Other optional accessories like red dot optics and flashlight can easily be carried. However, it is not comfortable, and some users found difficulty with leg straps. But due to its lightweight nature, it is commonly suggested by everyone.
- Enclosed design to fit a pistol with laser or flashlight space
- Completely adaptable leg strap with elastic lining and also fast release belt
- There is one magazine pocket with alterable Velcro bind which will help you carry an extra magazine
6. Safariland ALS Tactical Leg HolsterIf you are looking for the best combat holster, Safariland ALS Tactical Leg Holster is your best choice. This is one of the most popular models with people in the police force in recent years. Also, this thing is both comfortable and reliable.
Safariland is known to be the best corporation who produces excellent products ranging from body armor to police camera. They have raised the bar really high when it comes to producing holsters for firearms.
It is a drop leg holster which includes two locking mechanism with alternatives to add another mechanism. But this might make it more difficult to draw the weapon. It is a little expensive, but the excellent quality of the product justifies it.
The harness is lightweight and simple to adjust which makes it more desirable. In addition, the double leg strap and leg scream stability. It will perfectly fit Glock 17, 22w and ITI M3. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a custom drop leg holster.
- Automatic Locking System (ALS) locks the weapon in all direction on holstering
- No twisting required when pulling out from the holster
- There is a standard double strap for additional gear
- Thermal-molded Safari laminate construction protects the handgun
Buying Guide for Tactical Holsters
After reading the reviews, you might need to consider a few points before spending your money. Choosing the right gear for your gun is also important because you need to be sure of the functionality of your holster.
So what should you look for before purchasing? Here are a few points to check before investing your money.
Must Fit Your Gun
Depending on the type of gun you own, you should be careful in choosing the right holster. Each weapon has its own design according to which the holster must accommodate.
The hard-sided holster is made to fit specific guns and using it for another type of firearm is not safe. So check before putting your money in it.
You need to be able to gain access to your firearm easily so that you will always be ready to go. This is obviously a function issue.
If the holster is too tight or doesn’t fit well, then it will be tough drawing out the weapon. On the other hand, holster being too loose can also lead to losing possession of the handgun.
you need to find the appropriate retention system. A proper synthetic molded holster is essential to access the weapon. There are dozens of retention methods which allows you to obtain proper grip on the butt of the gun and then tapping or pushing a button to release it when needed.
For instance, if you are walking or running and your firearm gets restrained to a tree branch, you will not lose it due to the retention system.
It is one of the important aspects in case of a tactical holster. If the belt loops of the holster are not strong enough, then it will be easily ripped off from your body even if it has good retention method.
So your holster must need strong means of attaching itself like polymer belt loops with metal hardware or anything equally strong.
These are my top four tips to keep in mind when buying a good holster.
I have put a lot of effort into writing these reviews and making the buying guide.
So, I hope that I have given you enough information to help you choose the best tactical holster available in the market.
However, if you have some suggestions for me or have a beef with my suggestions, then please leave them in the comments section. I’d be more than glad to hear them.